As mentioned in my previous post - I developed these recipes as a submission to Sarah Wilson’s Kids I Quit Sugar eBook. To make both of these recipes below you need to whip up the Raspberry Marshmallows to use as the base. Although the marshmallows themselves are completely delicious this really takes them to the next level so if you have a special occasion or want some healthy treats for a kids party these are great. Who doesn’t love Rocky Road or Snow Globes!!!
Both recipes are gluten free and are adaptable to be dairy free and nut free if you require. Experiment with the extras in the Rocky Road, I am keen to hear your flavour combinations!
Makes about 15 pieces depending on your slicing size
Two thirds of a batch of Raspberry Marshmallows
¾ cup Coconut Chips
1 cup Pepita Seeds
¾ cup Mixed Roasted Nuts (can substitute with puffed rice or quinoa to make nut free)
¾ cup Coconut Oil
¼ cup Butter – or use cacao butter or more coconut oil to make dairy free
4 tablespoons Cacao Powder
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
To make the Rocky Road
1. Melt coconut oil and butter together – I just use the microwave on a low setting. Stir through cacao and vanilla until there are no lumps. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl place your nuts, seeds and coconut. Pour over the cacao mixture and then gentle fold through your marshmallow squares (you will only need two thirds of the marshmallows you have made)
3. Tip in to a lined loaf tin (22cm x 12cm) and allow to set in the fridge for an hour. Cut into rocky road chunks to serve. Alternatively, the mix can be spooned into individual patty pans – the perfect party food.
Best kept in the fridge.
Makes around 15-20 pieces
½ cup Coconut Oil
¼ cup Butter - or use cacao butter or more coconut oil to make dairy free
3 tablespoons Cacao powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
1. Melt coconut oil and butter, stir through cacao and vanilla until there are no lumps. Allow to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes. The mixture should be thickened slightly but not set. If the mixture is too warm you will not get a good coating on the marshmallows.
2. Spread the desiccated coconut on plate ready for rolling.
3. One by one, dip the marshmallow in the chocolate mix then roll thoroughly in the coconut until coated. Repeat until all marshmallows are coated.
4. Allow to set in the fridge before serving – approximately 10-15 minutes.
6. Best kept in the fridge.